Friday, July 31, 2009

Ordinary

It's a little amazing (or is it?) that this transition to a new living situation has descended into banality so quickly. Has life become routine already, or is my buffer of extreme pragmatism sheltering me from the emotional reality of my situation?
Like I've said, Vancouver was a bit of a dream; easy access to beautiful beaches, private DJ parties, bike routes galore and organic produce just blocks away. And boobs. Oh yes, there were boobs.
And now it's a different life; potlucks and strategy games and re-runs of Entourage. My new simple pleasures. Whenever I balk that I must once again borrow Mom's car, I remember the times I had to borrow from Visa to pay rent and welcome my new path of practicality. And take joy in my new simple pleasures.

2 comments:

rainswept said...

ah, one's sitch is only as ordinary as one's deal.

captainorange said...

I should say that, given the economic realities brought to light recently, your old life was ordinary -- it is what everyone was doing. You can look at your new life (familiar as it is) as extraordinary.